Monday, November 14, 2011

Favorite Fall Lipsticks




My favorite fall lipsticks:
Lime Crime Coquette - $16
Revlon Super Lustrous - Primrose - $5-6
Covergirl - Sultry - $6
Nyx - Doll - $4-5
Nyx - Hebe - $4-5
Covergirl Queen Collection - Royal Plum - $6

Only one of these (Lime Crime) is a high end brand. But I love these!
The one that I wear the least is the Nyx Hebe just because it's red - and I don't really wear red. However, when I do - I wear this one! It's more of a wearable red more-so than a very bright and crazy looking red. I think it's wearable because it has like little shimmers of gold mixed with it so it tones down the crazy color a bit.

Also, if you like the color of the Lime Crime one - but don't want to spend $16 - I found a dupe of it & reviewed it here:
 
I just got the Primrose & the Royal Plum ones over the weekend. I normally don't really wear dark colored lipsticks - but I loooove this Royal Plum one. I'm also not sure why it's called Royal Plum? It's more like a dark crimson color with blue undertones to me. But I like it. I got a lip liner to wear with this one & it's Rimmel London's Exaggerate Lip Liner in Epic. These two go good together.
The Primrose lipstick is more of a sheer darker baby pink - if that makes sense? Haha. It's not like a really bright baby pink like colors you'd wear in the summertime.
 
The Doll lipstick is a really nice dark pink shade. It has blue undertones & looks nice :D

And for messy lipstick appliers like myself, I recommend using this Elf Lip Lock Pencil. It's clear - and you put it on the outside edges of your lips so when you do put your lipstick on & press your lips together - the color doesn't get all over the outsides of your lips! Plus, it's only $3 -- and they always have sales going on at eyeslipsface.com -- so you may could get it for $1.50 like I did mine :)

I really want to try out some high end lipsticks, but don't want to spend the money on them :( I don't mind spending my money on them if I really like them & would wear them mostly every day but I'm afraid I won't like them after I purchase them & that's like $15 wasted. Blahhh. So if you have any recommendations please let me know! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment