Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lime Crime Coquette Lipstick Dupe / Review

I received my new Lime Crime Lipstick in the mail about 2 days ago, and this is what the color was suppose to look like:
www.limecrimemakeup.com

However, when I got it - it's not the pale pinkish nude that I thought it'd be like on their website. It's more of a beige nude - like a tan-ish nude. It's still a nice color - and I like it -- but I already have a lipstick like that :(

In fact, the color I already have like Lime Crime's Coquette is Revlon's Colorburst Soft Nude Lipstick.
Almost the same exact color! Sorry, I've used my Revlon Soft Nude quite a bit :P


Of course, Coquette is more pigmented than Soft Nude - but it should be - it's about $10 than the Revlon Soft Nude! If you've read my other review on my other Lime Crime Lipsticks, I really like those - but this one had a bit of a different texture - it doesn't go on as smoothly as the others I have (Cosmopop & Great Pink Planet). However, Revlon's Soft Nude - it goes on easier. But of course, you have to use more of the Soft Nude product to get as much pigmentation as Coquette.

Coquette looks really nice with about 2 layers on & a nice tanish/nude lipgloss to go over it. I do like Coquette, but I just thought it'd be a pinky-nude more so than a beige-nude.
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude (#070) = About $6
Lime Crime Lipstick in Coquette = $16

4 comments:

  1. Awww I wish you'd show some pics of you wearing them! this made me go out and get "Soft Nude" for myself though, so thanks for the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comparison with pictures and descriptions.. it really helps! i'll skip the Lime Crime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should post of you wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft nude is amazing and everyone asks what Im wearing! Just bought the new Babette instead of coquette and you have ensured me I made the right choice! <3

    ReplyDelete