Tuesday, October 18, 2011

REVIEW: Thirtyonewest Eyeshadows & Blushes

I have added a whole ton of new stuff to my cosmetics line since the last post I did about my Thirtyonewest cosmetics. I have a total of 19 eyeshadows now & 5 blushes (soon to be 7 - I've just been lazy and haven't uploaded the other 2 yet!).  I wanted to show you a few photos of some of my new eyeshadows & blushes - as well as a few ways on how to wear them!


First up - I have a mini Fall collection - which includes: Naked Study, Cranberry Sauce, and Pumpkin Spice!
Here are the swatches of those colors:
^ Naked Study ^
 ^ Pumpkin Spice ^
 ^ Cranberry Sauce ^

I really really love these colors - and i'm not just saying that because I made them lol. When I wear these, I will wear Naked Study in the inner corner of my eyelid & either Pumpkin Spice or Cranberry Sauce on the outer edge of my eye! You could actually wear all three at the same time - like Naked Study in the tear duct part of the eye (inner corner <- my definition), Pumpkin Spice in the middle of the eyelid, and Cranberry Sauce on the outer corner of the eye.

These colors look great for fall, and will go with a lot. I actually wore my Cranberry Sauce when I was picking up a few things from Mac Cosmetics - and the makeup artist there complimented my eyeshadow! I wanted to be like, 'Oh, thanks. I made it myself!' - but I didn't want to sound cocky or conceded. :P haha. So I just said thanks :)

Another color I really like to mix - or I should say - wear with Cranberry Sauce is Two of Hearts. Two of Hearts is a bright pinkish red color. It's a really unique color - and I love it! I like to wear this color on my cheeks as well - and yes, I did a blush of this as well! The only difference between the blush & the eyeshadow is that the blush has 3 more ingredients in it than the eyeshadow. I added Kaolin Clay, Silica, & Kosher Rice Powder to the blushes.

Here's Two of Hearts :



I also have 2 more eyeshadows that I have converted to blushes as well which are: Babydoll & Queen Bee.

Queen Bee is a pastel peachy orange color. I normally do not wear peachy/orange coral colored blushes - but I do wear this one! I love the color of this one - it reminds me of creamsicles.

Babydoll is one of my new  favorite blushes! It's of course - a babydoll pink color. It's very shimmery as well - so it can be worn as a highlight too! I wear this one mostly everyday that I do wear blush. My friend purchased one of these from me, and she loved it ! Here's what she said:
 Yayyy!! I marked out her last name for privacy reasons :)

She also purchased the Birthday Suit blush:
 This is a very nude shimmery blush. This can also be worn as a finishing powder if you have a beige colored skin tone. I know this because my friend (the one in the text above) is the one who wears it like that. She told me she wears it as a finish & wears Babydoll on her cheeks.

I have a ton of more products that I need to review that are new - but I just do not have time to do it all! :(
So I will just be posting pictures of all the others - and if you'd like me to review them in the future - please let me know & I will gladly do so! :) I will probably end up doing tutorials with these shadows as well in the future anyway.

This really has nothing to do with reviewing my products - but I am currently working on moving my cosmetics to my own Big Cartel site :D I just feel like it will do better if I move them away from my vintage/handmade items because I feel like my Etsy is cluttered with randomness and I hate it. So I'm currently getting someone to design me a banner for my new site & what not, and hopefully here shortly, I will have my own site for my cosmetics :)

Here are some other new eyeshadows I've created:
 ^ Hocus Pocus ^

Swatch:
 ^ Silver Lining ^
Swatch:

& my other blushes :
 ^ Bubblegum Thief ^
^ Pink Dust ^
* Pink Dust is more of a highlighter than a blush. It's very shimmery/glittery & has a pinky coral tint to it. 

I hope you enjoy all of these new products! :) I haven't listed all of my blushes in my shop yet - so if you're interested in a product that I do not have listed, just shoot me an e-mail or comment below & let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment