Monday, October 17, 2011

Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna Inspired Eyeshadow Tutorial

On a roll again with this 2 blogs in 1 day! Woohoo! Anyway, I'm off work today & got bored and decided to do a Halloween makeup look. I want to paint my face or do some kind of crazy makeup for Halloween & go out - so I was just testing a few that I'd like to do! If you've read my other blog posts, you know that I loooove Zelda! So I googled a bunch of the Zelda characters & tried to find one that had makeup on that I could try to mock. I came across Midna from Twilight Princess & decided on her!
.
^ Midna, of course.

Here's the products you'll need:
Elf Cream Eyeliner in Black ($3)
Beauty Rush Wet/Dry Eyeshadow in Plum Crazy ($7)
Maybelline Line Stiletto in Black ($6-7)
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes ($5)
& eyeliner brushes & an eyeshadow brush!

* The only reason you'll need the makeup wipes is for mess ups - which I happen to make a lot of.

Okay..
1.) You'll need to cover your whole eyelid in the Plum Crazy eyeshadow. Go all over & up to the beginning of the eyebrow. Be sure to get up high in the inner corner of your eyelid too! -- Sorry, I don't know the correct eye terms :P
2.) Get your gel liner & draw an outline of a really high winged eyeliner look.
You'll be making it go a little higher than the outline - but that's what the liquid liner is for :)

3.) Fill in the outline with your gel liner.

4.) Starting at the outter corner of your eye (be sure to connect the top wing to the bottom line) - go along the bottom of your waterline with the gel liner.

^ My oh my, I'm so horrible at giving directions! I hope this makes sense :/

5.) Fill in your eyebrow with the gel liner.
Don't mind my overly hairy brows. I know I need to trim them, okay? lol
6.)Touch up the rough edges with your liquid liner. You'll also want to go in the corner of your eye with the liquid liner. Also, draw the eyebrow down a bit with the liquid liner. Extend the wing of your outer gel eyeliner just a little farther as well!
Make your drawn in eyebrow a bit thicker than your normal eyebrow.

Finished! 




You like? I hope so! Sorry I only took one-eye pictures. I got lazy and only ended up doing just one eyeball just to test it out lol. Lazy bones, I know!

Also, this look will look better with some mascara. I just didn't add any because I knew I'd be wiping it right off as soon as I did this post. The only kind of mascara I have is a high-end mascara & I don't want to waste it :P 

I'm not too sure why I put my blog name on all of the pictures? Like everyone is going to steal them or something haha. I'm sure people would love to take my hairy eyebrow pictures. I guess I did it out of habit from where I do it on my Tumblr. Oh wells! 
That's all for today! I hope you all (whomever may be reading) liked this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment