Thursday, October 20, 2011

HALLOWEEN TUTORIAL: Sugar Skull !

I am just going crazy with all these Halloween looks! I can't help myself. I'll probably end up heading to Party City after Halloween to get all the Halloween makeup for 50-75% off! :) Anywayyy - I wanted to do a Sugar Skull because I love them & think they are neat! However, I didn't do all the artwork on my face like the normal sugar skulls have because it would look horrible if I would have. So I just made a simple, yet pretty one.


  
Here is what you'll need:

Brushes - Foundation brush, Eyeliner Brushes, Blush Brush, and an Eye Crease (or shadow) Brush
Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
Halloween Cream Makeup in White & Black ($.97 at Wal-Mart)
Jesse's Girl Eye Dust in Antique Green
my own Thirtyonewest Eyeshadow in Octopus Ink
Lime Crime Lipstick in Great Pink Planet
1.) Apply the White Cream Makeup all over your face with your Foundation Brush. You at least have to do two layers of this - maybe even three.

2.) Draw an outline with your eyeliner brush of the eye sockets around your eyes (including your eyebrows) with the Black Cream Makeup and then fill them in.
* You may want to start out drawing the sockets at the eyebrows - it's easier that way.
 Ahh, my face looks so fat here! Bahaha.

3.) Next, we're going to draw our nose! Using your eyeliner brush & Black Cream Makeup - draw half circles on each side of the front of your nose (does that even make sense?!). It's okay if it isn't even or is sloppy. Mine was very sloppy & uneven. Just dab some white on your finger and go over the uneven black marks.

4.) Color in your nose!
5.) I did my lips next. Some may want to wait and do this at the end -- but I wanted to do them now because I didn't want to have horrific looking ashy white lips for the rest of my pictures :)
Using your Lime Crime lipstick in Great Pink Planet - apply it to your lips (duh). Add a few coats to make it very vibrant so it'll stand out (& last longer).
Next, with your eyeliner brush, draw lines going out of the corners of your lips. After doing that - add little lines vertically through the horizontal line. Do this to your lips as well.
6.) We're going to contour our cheeks with black eyeshadow! I used the black eyeshadow out of my collection (Thirtyonewest) called Octopus Ink. Take your Blush Brush & start out at your ear and go down like 1-1.5 inch. Blend this well.
7.) Next, take the other end of your eyeliner brush & dab it into your White Cream Makeup like this:

& go around inside the corners of the black sockets you made.
8.) Do the same thing with the outer part of the sockets with the Black Cream Makeup.
9.) Now, using your Eye Crease Brush (or Eyeshadow brush) use the Jesse's Girl Eye Dust and pat (Yes, PAT - no blending or rubbing!) the green dust all over the inner corner of your eyelid.
After doing that, last thing you'll need to do is use your Nyx Black Bean Eye Pencil & apply it as eyeliner at your waterline.

Finished! :)

You like?! 
I chose the antique green eye dust for the eyeshadow because - they're sockets. So there not suppose to be all bright and pretty. I just wanted to add a darker shadow on the inner corner to make it a bit prettier & glittery.

That's all for today. Adios fellerzzz!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tutorial. Because of you, I won a contest for scariest costume at my school. I altered it a bit, but still portrayed what you were doing. Thank you so much.

    Visit the blog entry at this url:

    http://furikakekitty.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-rivals.html

    ReplyDelete