Monday, November 7, 2011

DIY: Easy & Cheap False Glitter Nails

Since May/June 2011, I have been obsessed with wearing false nails! Not all the time, because I can't really do anything with them on :P -- But every so often. I get all the supplies to do it myself - I don't really mind if they only last up to 3 days haha. I'm just cheap & prefer not to spend $30 to get fake nails.

Here's what I use:
  •  I get the FULL (NOT tips!) false nails off of EBay - they have a variety of different colors - but I have baby blue ones (not pictured) & white. I like the white so I can paint them whatever color I'd like. I got 500 false full nails for only $4-5 with free shipping!
  • You'll need the false nail clippers as well! I'm not sure exactly what they're called - but I got these off EBay as well - they cost me around $3-4 with free shipping. They have these at Sally Beauty Supply as well - but I don't know how much they are there.
  • Next, I use nail glue (duh). I just got the nailene kind from Wal-Mart. This glue holds on pretty well - but I think I'll get a stronger one from Sally's once I run out.

You'll also need a nail file to smooth down the edges of the nails to make them even. I personally don't use one because I have issues with nail files. I hate the way they feel, and the sound that they make while in use. Bahah, so I cannot use them :P

  • Next you can paint them whatever color you'd like -- I used this mini OPI lavender polish. It's from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection & it's called ' Planks a lot '.
  • Next for the glitter - I used the Wet n Wild Wild Shine nail color in Kaleidoscope. This is a really really nice glitter nail polish & it's only $.93!!



& that's all! So total it cost probably under $1 to do my own nails. Woot! Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment