Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Orange you glad it's almost Spring?!

Okay, totally gay headline - but that's all I could think of :)

I have been wanting to purchase an orange blush and orange lipstick for awhile now. I think they'll look really nice for spring. At the time of picking out these products, I was at Wal-Mart - so I got only drugstore items. I picked out the Hardy Candy Fox in a Box in Skinny Dipping and Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti.

( Don't mind my ugly chapped lips - I just woke up! )

First I'll start off with the Lip Butter.
I've heard a whole ton about these! So I figured I would try them. Normally I go for my usual baby pinks or nudes - but I am not afraid to wear those colors and I knew that these lip butters would be kind of sheer. So I went for a more bold color - orange :) I'm kinda scared to wear a bright bold orange or purple lip - so I decided I'd try the orange first. And let me tell you, if you are kind of scared such as I then you will LOVE this product! It's a more wearable version of a bright orange. It's sheer - yet pigmented. So if you're wanting to come out of your shell but not yet to go all the way bright and bold - the darker shades of the lip butters are for you! :) I also plan on getting the Raspberry Pie one which is a darker bright purple.


Second, Fox in a Box.
I wanted a nice orange blush. This is the only blush I could find that was truly orange at Wal-Mart at the time. I haven't tried this on my face yet, but I swatched it and I love the color payoff of it. It's very nice and  I can't wait to wear it! And I just wanted to point this out - I've seen a few reviews on this product - and they say the darker side is a bronzer but it's not really? I guess it could be considered a very light bronzer for very pale skin? Haha, but it's more of a beige-peach color.

Swatches:
I don't really like doing swatches of blush because it's kind of hard to. They are not going to be as pigmented as lip or eyeshadow swatches because blush is just for a 'flush' of color.

Have you tried any good TRUE orange products that you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment