Thursday, February 16, 2012

Drugstore Haul + Lighter Hair!

Pay day was yesterday, so I wanted to get a few things since I had some extra hours this week. I have been wanting to dye my hair back blonde - but decided I should start out slow so I dyed it a sandy dark blonde/light brown color. I can tell a difference - but it's not a dramatic one :/ I like it though.
 I'll post a finished picture sometime later. It's too dark now and you can't really tell in the dark.

Since I was going back lighter, I thought I should splurge on a few hair products to keep my hair feeling nice & soft so I got the Bed Head Dumb Blonde conditioner/hair mask. It was $17! So I hope it works well. I also love love LOVE the Nexxus shampoo that I already have - so I got this Nexxus Leave-In Conditioning Spray for $9. I can't wait to use it!

I also got ANOTHER Color Tattoo Eyeshadow. They only had the white color called Too Cool left! Everywhere I have went has been sold out of all of these. I also got another Revlon Lip Butter ! I got the Raspberry Pie shade which appears to be a dark plumy pink color - but when applied it's a sheer darker hot fuchsia color that is wearable. 

^ I got all of those products from Wal-Mart.

Next, I went to Sally Beauty and I got this uhhh-mazinggggg nail polish that was on sale! It's a China Glaze nail polish called Blonde Bombshell - which was from their Eye Candy Collection. I got it on sale for $1.99! I used this color on my nails today and I am in love! It's soooo pretty. It's got different sizes of glitter and I didn't even have to use another nail polish underneath!
I also got a little Sally Girl nail polish for $.99 in the color In Love. It's kind of a dupe of the Essie Luxeffect Nail Polish in A Cut Above (I think that's the name of it).

Lastly, I went to Rite Aid where they had a TON of Wet N Wild products on sale! I got 2 of the discontinued Color Icon palettes in Greed and Pride. I love these so much and just discovered them last week! :( I wish they weren't discontinued. I got the Lust one earlier this past week and I love it oh so much. If your local drugstore still has these you should definitely check them out! If they don't have them - I know you will probably still be able to check them out on EBay.
I also got 2 Wet N Wild nail polishes that were on sale for only $.49! I got the colors Private Viewing (A beige with pink undertones) & Bite The Bullet (A dark lavender).
And I also got a Jesse's Girl pigment in the color Secret Weapon which is super pretty! It's a really unique color - it's a sheer white but has metallic mint green/teal shades in it when it hits certain lights. It's a duo-chrome eyeshadow. It's hard to explain the color - but it's really pretty. I got it to wear over the Too Cool Color Tattoo.

And since Valentine's Day was 2 days, of course everything was on sale. So I got a tub of V-day candy corn for like $1.25, a small box of chocolates for $.50, and some Disney Princess ring pops for $.50 :) Om Nom Nom :D

I also got some herbal fruit tea to test out. I've never tried them and wanted to - so I got the sampler pack of the fruity teas.

Sorry I didn't take individual pictures of each of the products. I was being lazy. But some of them I may do individual reviews on or may be in my monthly favorites :)

2 comments:

  1. I love hair changes;) I went from light brown/dark blonde to chocolate brown 3 months ago and I love it! I'm thinking about adding some highlights for spring/summer though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Martha - Yeah, I like blonde for summertime! I just normally always have my hair dark brown because it's easy to maintain. But I was ready for a change ;)

    ReplyDelete