Monday, January 23, 2012

REVIEW: Maybelline Color Tattoo!

So, as you read - my boyfriend got me these bad boys a few days ago! I've tried out all of the colors and wanted to give my little opinion of these.


I really really wanted 'Tough as Taupe' more than any other color -- and it is my least favorite out of all of the colors I purchased. It's a matte one - and it works good and looks nice -- but it's very drying. I'm not sure if it was just the one that I got - but it was drying. When I tried to apply layers on to this one -- the second layer kind of 'chipped' off. It was kind of crusty :P But I mean I kept working with it and eventually got it to look nice. This is a nice color - but it's not truly a taupe color. It has grey undertones to it. It's still pretty - just not the exact color that is pictured. 

Then I tried the 'Pomegranate Punk' and 'Tenacious Teal'. I LOVE these! These are creamier than the Tough as Taupe. They are a metallic-like finish and look gorgeous! I really do enjoy these. I have been wearing the 'Tenacious Teal' all day today for 12 hours so far, and I've been running around, bathed, sweated, etc -- and NO creasing! Amazing! :D 

I wore Tenacious Teal with my own Thirtyonewest Anchor's End on the outer corner of my eyes ;)

I have heard a bunch of people comparing these to Mac Paint Pots - and the Tough as Taupe one doesn't remind me of one at all. I do like it, it's just very dry. However, the Pomegranate Punk and Tenacious Teal kind of remind me of Mac Paint Pots. The Paint Pots are a bit more creamier than these - but those are also $17-18 compared to $6. Also, the Color Tattoos dry faster than Mac Paint Pots - which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you are going to use them.

I picked up mine from Wal-Mart for $5.88 each. I would recommend these! I plan on purchasing all the other ones as well - they're are 10 total.

No comments:

Post a Comment