Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Started Makeup School & Other Exciting News!

I've had my package since last Wednesday -- and received my final package today, so I decided today would be a good day to start! At the moment, I don't have a DVD remote for my DVD player, so I can't skip down to the next video on the disc :( And my netbook doesn't have a CD-Rom thingy -- so I can't watch it on my computer! Haha, so I have to go and watch my videos at my sister's house. But I have been reading my first booklet, and it's very helpful about helping you pick out  what part of makeup artistry you want to get into. I really like it so far! Here's a couple of pictures of my booklets I am reading now & the 'kit' I got from school.

I got a bunch of different booklets - there are like 3 in each unit (& they're are 6 units). All that I got from the school for my kit is a 21 piece makeup brush set -- which is rather cheap. The eye brushes are decent -- but I'll have to buy separate face brushes which I planned on doing anyway. I got a concealer wheel - which I haven't used yet - but it looks very pigmented & creamy. Nice quality ;) Then I got the org. 88 palette like from Coastal Scents (& I already own one that I got off EBay) and the 10 blusher palette. 

Yay! I'm really excited to start doing my own freelance work!

Oh! I know this is kind of off topic - but I'm really excited about it and don't really want to post just one entry about it :P Lazy Lauren!
Anyway, I am going to be creating TONS of new items for my Thirtyonewest cosmetics line! I'm having a sale in our Etsy shop (www.thirtyonewest.etsy.com) - everything is 50% off so I can use that money to go towards creating new things! My vintage stuff is over piling in my house and is beginning to look like a hoarder's house -- no shit. Really does :/ So I'm just going to get rid of it all & mainly focus on creating new, great cosmetic products & start working on jewelry again. I may continue to do vintage items in the future -- but it's gotta go at the moment. Too much at once! 
But once I get some money, I plan to make pressed (yes, PRESSED!) bronzers, blushers, highlighters, etc. I want to kind of design them like Mac Skinfinishes! I'm also going to make Whipped Lip Scrubs - which is a scrub that will help remove the dead skin off your lips to make them look nicer & feel softer - but once you lick the extra sugar off your lips - it'll be a moisturizing balm! :D Also I want to start making lipsticks! Wooo, so many things & soo little money $$ :(

Haha, anyway - sorry I'm blabbing, just really happy at the moment. But it would mean a lot if you all would go and purchase a few things from my shop ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment