Tuesday, January 3, 2012

December 2011 Favorites!

Firstly, I want to post a picture of this cute new shirt I got! Well, a part of it -
 I got it on sale for $10! It's a crop top but in a size Large - so I can wear it without an undershirt :P You like?!
It was sooo cold today! My boyfriend and I cuddled up on the couch & watched a movie!

Anyway, I don't really have too many favorites this month because I haven't really had the money to buy anything for myself since I had to get a ton of Christmas gifts for everyone! So I just have a few products I'd like to share that I enjoyed this past month.
 Mostly Elf stuff - only one thing that isn't (& it's Lancome).

 Elf Studio Pressed Powder in Sand
I have just recently been using face powder, and this was the first one I purchased just because I was placing an Elf order & figured why not? It's cheap! And I actually really like this. It covers nicely. I like it! However, it's very powdery. So it wastes a lot of product if you use a brush with it rather than a sponge. I've heard this is a Mac Studio Fix dupe - but I wouldn't know :P I haven't used any other powders to compare it to.

 Elf Complexion Perfection
I've heard mixed reviews about this product. Some people love it & some people hate it. Obviously since it's in my December favorites - I love it. I use this before I put on anything. I mix my Elf Powder Brush in all 4 shades & then apply it. It makes my skin tone look more even. I think the people who don't like this is if they buy this palette for a certain shade & realize that it's actually kind of translucent more so than a color corrector for certain areas on the face.

 Elf Studio Bronzer in Warm Bronze
I've done a review on my Mac Gold Deposit bronzer which I love (see review here: http://stfulaurenpack.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-mac-mineralize-skinfinish-in.html )
But since it is winter - my skin is extremely pale now. So I needed something a bit lighter. So I've been using this Warm Bronze & I love it! It's very nice & gives you just the right glow (if you're on the lighter side such as I). 
*But here recently, I purchased the Mac Matte Bronze & haven't really used it yet - I want to start using a Matte Bronzer more so than shimmer because it's suppose to look more natural looking than glittery. It's also suppose to define the areas you contour and if it has glitter in it -- it kind of defeats the purpose. So I'm going to start using a matte bronzer to see how that works. I'm blabbing on about a new bronzer because even though I got a $23 Mac bronzer -- I am also going to be purchasing a $3 Elf bronzer (the Cool Bronzer) which is also matte to see how the colors differ & see which looks best! I'll be posting up on that once I get it & test it out :)
 Elf Studio Blush in Pink Passion
I like the Elf blushes! Last month Berry Merry was my favorite. Now I'm back into my pink cheeks again & this is one of my go to pinks. It's a matte BRIGHT pink! Really pretty. I loove it!
Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara
My last favorite! This is just a sample size of the product - I got it with my full size Doll Lashes mascara. I looooove this stuff! I plan on purchasing a bigger tube of it for my kit. It extends your natural lashes & makes them look extremely longer than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment