Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thrifted / Yard Sale Outfit

This weekend - well every weekend - I go to yard sales on Saturday! You can always find great and unique stuff at every yard sale. That's why I feel the need to go every flippin' Saturday I guess! But anywayyyy, here's a couple of the items mixed with some of my thrifted finds :
 Super cute outfit or what?
 Okay - firstly, I got these white Guess shorts this weekend at a yard sale - they were only $1. They had a tiny dirt spot on the front, but I bleached them and got it out. Second, I got the woven belt at Goodwill for $1.  Last but not least, I got these super cute Etienne Aigner tassel loafers at Goodwill for $4.50!
 I got this wood bracelet at a yard sale this weekend too! I added one of my 'thirtyonewest' jewelry tags on it :) - why? I don't know - I just wanted to. But this bracelet was $1.
 And lastly, I got this sweater at a yard sale this weekend as well - for only $.50! I like the rolled up sleeves with shorts. As you can see, that's my feather necklace I got this past week at Body Central for only $3.90.

So, a rather cheap and cute outfit?
Let's see how much it cost:
$1 shorts
$1 belt
$1 bracelet
$4.50 shoes
$.50 sweater
$3.90 necklace
= $11.90 !!
and this is one of my rather expensive yard sale / thrift outfits! Trust me, I'm like the queen of cheapness - no shit. I'm probably the cheapest person EVER! Every time I actually go to a store in the mall, I head straight back to the sale section - and it has to be at least 75% off! Hahaha, I know - that's pretty bad. If there is something that catches my eye on the way back to the sale section, and I have no doubt in my mind that I love it - then I'll spend retail price on an item - otherwise, no thanks!

But it's weird, I'm not that cheap when I buy other people's gifts? Like for birthdays, Christmas, whatever gifts, I always get expensive or name brand stuff. I like buying nice gifts for others - just not myself. I'm a weird-o. The End.

Oh, I also got this really cute vintage jewelry box - but i'm going to be reselling it because I already have 3 jewelry boxes :P

It's really cute and in great condition - just has some tarnish in the front, but that's nothing cleaner won't fix!  I told you I was like an old lady in a 21 year old's body.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment