Saturday, June 11, 2011

My New Hobby

Today, i've been at home allllll by myself! :( My mom went to Carowinds with her work & Joshua is currently at work. So today I decided to make cut-off dyed shorts.

I've done these once before, it's very easy and cheap to do them. I use jeans (vintage and modern brand name ones) and cut them. I don't spend a lot or pay retail for the jeans that I dye. I get the ones I use mostly from yard sales (sometimes Goodwill). All of the cut-off shorts in the pictures I've posted I have gotten from yard sales and flea markets. I didn't pay over $1 per pair (mostly $.50 each) - and they're modern brands!

All you do is boil water, and mix the dye (I use Tulip fabric dye) and salt and dip or tie up the shorts in rubber bands  to do a certain style. Afterwards, I always decorate mine with studs or I throw some bleach splashes on them. I also use an Xacto knife to make slits in them to give them a 'destressed' look I guess you could say.

All the sizes of the shorts in the picture are different. I don't just get jeans my size - since I do own my own shop, I LOVE creating these to re-sell! It's fun to make different colors with different designs. Customs are always fun too.

But now it's about to storm, and i'm still home alone :( So I better go gather my kitties before they get all wet and dirty outside.





1 comment: