Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sally Girl Eyeshadow Haul & Swatches

Since I haven't purchased too many makeup items lately, I figured I'd go out today and spend some money on some cheap products. I've purchased Sally Girl eyeshadow before -- like wayy before I was even into makeup & what not and I had two colors I wore the same way, everyday. Lol. But I figured I'd give them another shot to see what I think about them now that I actually know about makeup and have tried many brands. I haven't tried them out just yet, as I just got them today -- but I will do a review if anyone is interested! I got 10 eyeshadow colors & 1 baked eyeshadow. I also picked up an eyeliner from Sally Beauty I picked up as well.

Okay so these are $.99 each -- they come individually and you can snap them together into a palette of however many you'd like. I happened to make palettes of 5 :)


 Okay so first up I connected all of my shades from lightest to darkest. The colors I picked up were: Snow, Gun Metal, Champagne, Coral, & Bronze.

All of these I like. They are very pigmented, especially for $.99 each! Champagne is a gorgeous highlight color :)
I've heard Champagne was a good dupe for Mac's Shroom & Bronze was a good dupe for Mac's All That Glitters. I personally don't know if they are or not because I don't own either of them. Just thought I'd throw that fun little input in there ;) lol. I plan on getting Mac's All That Glitters though for my kit, so I will be able to compare those 2 once I get it :D

 Next colors I picked up were: Mauve, Cinnamon, Chocolate, Auburn, and Teal.

I really like these colors as well. Chocolate is probably my favorite purchase. It's a unique brown color. It has a unique sheen to it, I don't really know how to explain it -- but you should pick it up & try it yourself for only $.99! :) Teal was a bit less pigmented than I thought it would be -- but it's still a pretty color.

Good first impressions from these eyeshadows. I can't wait to use them :)

Next up I only picked out 1 baked eyeshadow because I purchased the silver one last summer and it wasn't pigmented what-so-ever. I really hated it. But I figured I'd give another color a shot.. so I picked up a pretty aqua green color. They don't have names like the other shadows for some reason, they only have numbers.

This one isn't too pigmented either -- but it's more pigmented than the silver one I had. I actually do like this one. Even though the color isn't as vibrant as it is in the pan -- it's still a pretty color. I got this to use under my waterline to make my eyes look really blue. 

Lastly, I picked up a white eyeliner because I needed one. I've been using the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk for my eyeliner, but I was having trouble with my eye hurting and feeling funny after using it -- so I stopped. I don't know if that is the reason why my eye was feeling odd, but I stopped and it quit hurting. So hopefully this eyeliner will work well & not aggravate my eyes.
 It's the Beautique Eyeliner in White. It was $1.99 from Sally's Beauty. 

So that's all I purchased today! Let me know if you'd like to see reviews on any of these products :)
Have a great day lovelys <3 <3

1 comment:

  1. I just bought Cinnamon, Golden Bronze and Mocha today. Very velvety.

    ReplyDelete