Monday, June 18, 2012

REVIEW: Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain

Once I saw everyone trying these out, I wanted to try a couple as well. I went to Rite Aid first which didn't currently have them in stock. Then I went to CVS but they only had the dark uglier colors I wasn't interested in. THEN, I went to one of my local Wal-Marts (I have 3 that I go to), and they were all sold out, even the uglier darker colors... FINALLY I went to my second local Wal-Mart & found them all there! They must have just set them out or something because they had all the colors. I picked up the colors Charm & Darling.


Normally when it comes to balm, like the Revlon Lip Butters -- I tend to go a little darker than I'd normally wear since they are rather sheer. However, I really really wanted the Charm color which is a pastel peachy nude color. I thought this would be really sheer on my lips -- but it's not. It's not as pigmented as say a lipstick is, but you can tell I have some color on my lips. I got Darling since it was a rather odd lavender pinky color because I knew it wouldn't be true to it's color.. and it's not. Its really pretty and wearable. I really enjoy both of the colors I picked up.

 Me wearing Charm

 Me wearing Darling

What I Think: To be honest, I was scared to spend the money on trying these out. I thought it would be a rather odd product that Revlon invented. Balms and Stains are completely different from one another & to put them together is... different. But somehow, it worked. I really liked the sheer color payoff of these two that I picked up. I wear them to work a lot because they last for awhile and the color doesn't wear off so easily such as a lipstick so I don't have to re-apply the product as much. These are moisturizing, but not too moisturizing like a regular lip balm. The color of the stain is very lasting. But if you're looking for a really pigmented product out of these -- then you'll be disappointed. I knew these would be sheer though, and that's why I wasn't sure if I'd like them -- but i'm very surprised that I like them as much as I do. These are self sharpening by the way, which is very convenient.

I would definitely recommend you try these out. They are rather pricey (well, for my cheap ass anyway) at about $8 at Wal-Mart -- but I think it's a well spent $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment