Monday, April 23, 2012

Zelda Skyward Sword Review

Okay, so I know this game came out this past November - but I haven't played it since Decemeber :P... Until this past week..


I got stuck on one part in the Earth Temple & was frustrated & didn't play it for like 3 months lol. Sad, I know - but I get that way sometimes. But here lately, I've been so into playing this game - I can't stop! 

Zelda Skyward Sword is a great game. I still haven't beaten it yet - I am currently located in the Lanayru Mining Facility. The artwork in this game is like a mixture between Wind Waker & Twilight Princess. It's like a watercolor effect & it looks just lovely. The graphics are great for a Wii game! The story line is basically the same - you need to find Zelda.. etc, etc. But the gameplay is a bit different than other Zelda games in my opinion. In Ocarina of Time, you have to run (or roll) around Hyrule & go around on foot to get to where you need to be -- which sometimes takes FOREVER. However, in this Zelda - you can actually run! You do have a stamina meter thing - so you can only run around in short bursts at a time. But it's much more handy than having to walk/roll to your destinations. Next, it is kind of like Wind Waker in the sense that you have to travel around to the different areas. In Wind Waker, you traveled by boat. In Skyward Sword - you travel around on your bird by flying to the area below. Also, in this game - you have almost all the same weapons/tools you have in the other Zelda games - bomb flowers, sword, shield, & the slingshot. The only thing you do not have is the boomerang. However, they replaced it with something much better (in my opnion) -- the Beetle. You shoot this little device into the air to hit certain switches & later in the game you upgrade to the 'Hook Beetle' where you can grab bombs & drop them on enemies. You also do not have Navi following you around annoyingly in this one. You have this sword goddess or something named Fi. She can be annoying at sometimes too though. Not near as bad as Navi. Also, no Ganon in this one! The bad guy in this game is Ghirahim. The one problem with this game that a lot of people have is that you can only use motion controls - no classic controls here. I believe they should have made the option to choose which you'd like to use for those who have issues using the motion controls. However, I personally do not have a problem with the controls - I think they are great. You actually have to slice your enemies up instead of pressing buttons -- which can make your arms kinda sore  -- but its worth it in the end! I think it's fun anyway.. if you're a fan of the Zelda series such as I am -- this is definitely worth your time & money.


That's all I have for now since I have yet to complete this game. But hopefully I will in the next couple of weeks - because I have literally been playing a ton! 



No comments:

Post a Comment