Monday, April 2, 2012

March 2012 Game Pickups!

Okay, so this month I've been starting to collect games :P I've always had and played games -- but now I want to own a ton of them! I use to let my boyfriend trade my games in all the time & what not so I don't have as many as I use to :(
 I've started collecting gameboy & gameboy color games mainly this month. I got a Gameboy Color - that actually works this time -- and some cheap games to play with it. I got basically all of my gameboy & gameboy color games from a local retro video gaming shop except Super Mario Land 2 & Zelda - which I picked up on EBay. Super Mario Land 2 is personally my favorite Mario game. If you have never played it and currently own a 3DS - they have it out for download (or will very soon?) & you should purchase it :D

I also met up with someone from Craigslist who had a Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP & 10 games for $30 - so of course my cheap ass couldn't turn that down :)
 I use to own a Gameboy Color & a Gameboy Advance when I was younger -- but never had an SP. The SP is kind of nice - it has a light so you can actually see what you're doing!

 ... the games that came with it were pretty terrible - but I'm really glad it came with DK Country 2! I love DK Country games :P I also tried the Shrek game which wasn't all that bad. But for the others, I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with them yet.
 

Then I started getting a few more DS games to add to my collection:
 I got De Blob 2 & Wipeout 2 on sale at Target. De Blob 2 was only $5.98 so I figured why not. It's actually a pretty fun game. Easy, but still fun. Wipeout 2 is a fun game as well! I got it on sale for $8.98. It's very frustrating though sometimes, because even if you make it through a course - if your time isn't low enough - you'll still lose.

I picked up Rune Factory 2 from Wal-Mart for $20. I have been wanting to try this game out. This is a pretty fun game. Just like Harvest Moon (which I haven't played) -- but a fantasy one. Says so on the box :) 

I have also heard many things about Chrono Trigger. I never had an SNES when I was younger - so I never played the classic one. I have only dabbled like 5 minutes into this one - but it seems like a neat game.

 When I was at the retro game store, I also picked up a SNES game - Aero the Acrobat. I got this for $3.85 and I enjoy it. I got it after watching a commentary by Necrovmx on Youtube. It looked rather interesting and for less than $5 - why not?


I also picked up a few Wii/Gamecube games. In my last blog, I posted that I got the Zelda Four Swords at Gamestop. My boyfriend surprised me with Kirby's Return to Dreamland - which is a pretty fun game. I love Kirby :D I also picked up Mad World & Cursed Mountain. Mad World is a fun game, but it's gross :P Haha. You have to kill people in crazy fucked up ways to earn points. I haven't played too much of Cursed Mountain yet - but it seems like a pretty interesting game.

That's all the games I have currently gotten this month! I plan on doing a March favorites for beauty products as well. I'll most likely be posting that tomorrow since I have the day off! I hope you enjoyed this - I know it's a bit different than stuff I normally post :P


No comments:

Post a Comment