Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Thrifted Outfits!

Some of these I orginally got to re-sell in my shop, and some I am going to keep! Here we go:
 This is a superrrr cute outfit! I got this entire outfit at Goodwill! This dress is really a nightie, but looks cute as an oversized dress with an awesome weave belt! I found this uhh-mazing scarf as well! 
Dress:  $.50
Belt: $.75
Scarf: $.30!
Total cost of outfit: $1.55 -- wow!
 These pants are mine - but I love them & wear them all the time! I got them from Target on sale for $4.98! There jeggings - and I am in love with them & never wear actual pants anymore :P Anyway, I got this red blazer at Goodwill - I am going to be re-selling this one because I already have one I got from a yard sale awhile ago. I also got this great rose printed blouse! I am most likely going to be keeping this one for myself. I love it! It's so tacky - which I loooove! :) 
Jeans: $4.98
Blazer: $1.19
Top: $.75
Total cost of outfit: 6.92!
 Here's a close up picture of the blouse.
 Same jeggings & belt! This sweater is actually a guy sweater from Express! My friend and I traded it (it was her boyfriends). And it's kind of slouchy, yet fitted? If that even makes sense! But I got this scarf at Goodwill - it's signed. The brand is Symphony - which I am not too familiar with. Oh wells.
Sweater: Free?
Pants: $4.98
Scarf: $.30
Belt: $.75
Total cost of outfit: $6.03!
 Up close of sweater & scarf ;)
 This is an awesome summer outfit - i'm a little late on picking this one up. But I am re-selling all of this outfit (minus my brown belt)! This yellow top was given to me from a family friend - so it was free! It's also 100% silk - awesome! Omggg, how many more exclamation marks am I gonna use? Sorry :( Just excited about this blog for some reason I suppose :P lol. I got these shorts from Goodwill - as well as the hat. What a cool hat - vintage floral 1980s Miller beer hat. I tried to get my boyfriend to model this top for me for me to sell in my shop - but he refuses. Baha. 
Top: Free
Belt: $.75
Shorts: $1.00
Hat: $.75
Total cost of outfit: $2.20

Up close of top / hat.


The great thing about vintage shopping is that no one else finds these items interesting! So thrift shops and yard sales are filled with tons of awesome outfits. Some people find it difficult to vintage shop because some items really do look horrible on the hanger - but once you try it on & add the right accessories, you have one unique outfit that looks great. You just have to have the right eye out for different stuff. Plus, it doesn't matter if it isn't  your exact size. Most of my vintage clothing (tops and dresses) are wayyyy oversized. A bunch of my dresses are just plus size shirts that I add a waist belt onto  to make it a dress! The more oversized, the better. -- Well, at least I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment