Thursday, October 4, 2012

Elf Disney Villians Cruella Palette - w/ SWATCHES!

If you read my blog - you already know I'm a huge Elf fanatic. So when I found out about this I was excited! I was kinda iffy about the price -- being $9.99 (don't act like I'm cheap! You know Elf is inexpensive! :P). The reason being is because it's really hit or miss with their eyeshadows. Some Elf eyeshadows are great while others suck and don't have any pigmentation. But I picked up 2 of these to test out.

 First off -- I'll start by saying that these are ONLY available at select Walgreens. You can check out Elf's website and do a store locator on this item to see if any of your local Walgreens carry it. They don't even sell this item on Elf's website. These cost $9.99 each.

This one includes:
8 eyeshadows
eyelid primer
2 lip & cheek color pencils
1 liquid eyeliner
1 pair false lashes & lash glue

This also includes a little day & night tutorial on how to use these palettes like most Elf Beauty Books do! The one thing that is different about this Elf Beauty Book is that they actual named their eyeshadows in these palettes :)





My overview of this palette thus far:
I haven't done a look on myself using these yet - because I just picked them up yesterday! But I did a look on my mom using the night time Cruella look and the eyeshadows are quite pigmented and blended out well on her eyelids. I've tried the Elf eye primer before  - it's $1 from their essential line - it actually works good. The liquid liner is also from their essential line & is $1. It works well for the price - I personally find that the tip of the eyeliner brush is too thin for my liking - but it works nice. The lip colors are actually pretty nice! I have yet to use them on my cheeks however. I'm not sure how well these would blend out as blush? Kinda weird - but maybe it works!

I recommend this palette. This is a neutral everyday look palette. I think it's a nice kit and the eyeshadows in this palette actually have nice pigmentation.

I also picked up the Maleficent kit - and tomorrow once I get paid I'm going to get the Evil Queen one. I unfortunately didn't have enough cash with me to get all 3 at the same time :( That's why I'm reviewing them separately. So be sure to check back tomorrow for a review on the other one! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment