Thursday, December 15, 2011

REVIEW: 15 Concealer Palette & DEMO

I've had this product for about a month now, and figured I'd do a little review / demo. I know that Coastal Scents & BH Cosmetics & other online shops sell items JUST like this -- but I got mine off EBay. They are the same product. I personally like EBay better just because of the price. I got this particular item for $4.96 with FREE shipping! On Coastal Scents - this product goes for $14.95 + shipping! Mine came from Hong Kong -- so it took I think exactly 2 weeks to arrive - which I don't mind - it's coming from half way across the world.

This has 15 total colors.
  • 3 Corrector colors - Green (for redness), Yellow (for dark circles/bruises), & Purple/Lilac for cancelling out yellowness? I think.
  • 1 Highlighter
  • and 11 shades of concealer!
Here's swatches of the correctors & highlighter:

     This is good because you can use this product throughout the year. You can change concealers from winter to summer without purchasing a new one! 
    If this doesn't have your exact shade -- don't worry -- you can mix them to make your own color!

     You can also use this for contouring & highlighting.

    You can ALSO use this palette to define your eyebrows! That's what I use the darkest color in the palette for. I don't fill in my eyebrows with this -- but I take an angled eyeliner brush and dip it in the darkest brown in the palette and go underneath my eyebrow and draw a line pushing upward into the end of my eyebrow to define my brow! I am oh so sorry if that doesn't make sense. I'm not sure if that makes sense - but if you are confused and would like to see how I do that - then just ask & i'll do a seperate blog post! :)

    My opinion of this product:
    Overall, I like this product. It works very well & covers up nicely. I use the dark brown color every day to define my brows. As concealer though, my under eyes are kind of dry cause it's winter - and this is a pretty thick product - so you can see where my dry skin is mixed with the product & it doesn't look too flattering. This may look better if you use moisturizer underneath -- i'm not too sure. But for covering up blemishes - I'd recommend this product. Plus, it's affordable!
    * I've heard you can mix these with Mac's Fix+ to thin them down a bit and can even use these as foundations! I personally wouldn't know because I've never used Fix+ -- but I will be trying it soon! :)

    I wanted to do a demonstration of this product just so you could see how well it covers blemishes!
    Here's the first picture:
      From left to right --
    I used Thirtyonewest's 'Sugar Pot' eyeshadow for the 'bruise'. It's a dark brown/plum purple color. Over this, I applied the yellow corrector to cancel out the purple. Then over that, I applied a skintone concealer. Then I blended it out well.
    It's completely gone! I didn't edit these pictures either - so, I mean - wow! Pretty awesome product for $5 if I do say so myself ;)

    Here's the 2nd demonstration:
     I used Mac's 'Soar' lip liner which is a pinky-red. I dotted it on so it looks like pimples :)
    Then I took the green corrector & dabbed it on over the 'pimples'. After that, I used a skintone concealer to pat over the green. Lastly, I blended it out evenly! 
    And once again, it covers up completely.
    Here's my arm after I covered my 'bruise' & 'pimples' :

    Pretty amazing, huh?! :D I do enjoy this -- and plan on purchasing another for my kit as well as the 10 concealer palette too! I have a few other EBay palettes as well as the gel liner. So once I use those for awhile, I may do a review on those. Maybe? :) 

    I hope you enjoyed! Let me know if you have tried any EBay palettes as well & what you think about them!

    3 comments:

    1. im thinking whether to purchase it or not because loads of people are saying bad things about ti i would like to get it because i need a concealer strong enough to cover up a chicken pox scar that i have on my face . what is your opinion and is the concealer really easy to blend out.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you for this review! I have just bought a similar one except it has more colours, your review really helped me decide to buy!

      www.pookybanana.com

      ReplyDelete