Saturday, October 25, 2014

Hard Candy Birthday Suit Palette - Review/Swatches

I only purchased this about 3 days ago at Walmart and have only done one look with this palette. So I suppose this is kind of a first impressions review type post. This palette is $6.00 at Walmart -- I think they have 4 other palettes with different finishes in this collection. I only picked up one to test it out.

The one I picked up is a neutral - completely matte - palette. The colors look gorgeous just from looking at the pictures. The packaging is awesome.. Shit, just the packaging is worth $6.00! It comes with 2 double ended applicators for application.. But of course I don't use those. I forgot to picture them :/ oops. Anyway here are the pictures:




These shadows are kind of chalky. However, when I did the one look I did with this palette, I had no fall out. These shadows are very blend-able, but if you blend them out too much - the color will fade. So you have to build up the color if you blend. I wish I would have taken a picture of my look, but I was in a hurry and forgot :/ so I'll have to post a separate post with different looks with this palette. For the price this palette is.. It isn't horrible. I've only tried it once so I have yet to use all the colors, but one color I did use was the navy blue color that isn't greatly pigmented and it showed up on my eyes. I did have to add more of the color after I blended, but it stayed and didn't fade throughout the day. I actually really liked the look I came up with using this palette.  So if you'd like to try out this palette, I'd say pick it up since it's cheap. I think I'm going to purchase a shimmery one & see how it is compared to this one as well. So.. To be continued.. Possibly. Unless I get lazy & don't post for another 3 months :P. Joking.. Sort of ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment